1. Skip the cologne, just dab some Benzene on before leaving the house.
Any ChemE will notice your aromaticity immediately!
2. Drop subtle references to your experience operating a distillation column.
The efficient separation of products from a multicomponent feed is considered a HUGE turn on.
3. Take them outside
The unending hours cooped up in the Olin basement has created a crippling withdrawal of sunlight. Even sitting by a window will have your date swooning.
4. Hide love notes in large sets of thermodynamic data.
Nothing says ‘I Love You’ quite like a heart appearing on a phase diagram.
5. Spice things up in the bedroom by having them write out every reaction mechanism occurring.
It is important to give your significant other the opportunity to show that they truly understand what they’re doing under the sheets.
6. Discover a new element and name it after them.
Although it may not be as flashy as a new piece of jewelry or dinner at a 5-star restaurant, this present will be something they cherish forever!
7. Tell them you voted for ChemE in the major tournament.
It’s obvious that they took this way too seriously.